I have a direct report who completely screwed up with a client. He just didn’t have the answers and instead of making sure someone was on the call to help answer the questions, he delayed and delayed, not knowing how to get the answers (or not looking) and after a week the customer calls the President and complains. So, I had to un-$@$#% the problem and transferred the account over to someone else. The customer is now a happy camper.
- Mistake # 100: Living the top business mistakes
- Mistake # 99: Let sales support staff become lazy and rebellious
- Mistake # 98: End the year unprepared for the next budget year
- Mistake # 97: Lack a profit picture
- Mistake # 96: Fail to stay current with social media trends
- Mistake # 95: Let there be gossip!
- Mistake # 94: Hire someone who makes demands
- Mistake # 93: When things go wrong—run!
- Mistake # 92: Keep harassment to yourself
- Mistake # 91: Ask for commission when there are no sales!